$10 Flat Rate Standard (Ground) Shipping on orders $35 and over (see details below).
Thank you for your interest in Dear Coco Chocolate - we are thrilled at the opportunity to serve you. All of our luxury chocolates are freshly handcrafted and packaged with great care and are available for nationwide shipping from Maryland. Shipping chocolate requires special care to insure your orders arrive in perfect condition and our first priority is that your chocolates reliably arrive in optimal condition. This is why we only ship using FedEx, whether via ground or air. We ask that you review our shipping information before finalizing your order and contact us with any questions or concerns.
Please read the following information before selecting a shipping method.
- Once your order is placed, we will process it in the order received and ship out your chocolates as soon as possible, generallly within 24-72 hours. We produce our chocolates fresh on an ongoing basis and ship them out as soon as they are ready.
- We only ship on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays to prevent our perishable chocolates from melting in a shipping warehouse over the weekend.
- All deliveries are made on business days only except FedEx Ground Home Delivery which delivers to residential addresses on Saturdays.
- We are unable to ship to APO, FPO or PO Boxes.
- Every item we sell is carefully inspected before it is shipped. If your chocolates are defective or damaged upon receipt, please contact us immediately after your package arrives. Shipping charges will not be refunded.
- FedEx has permission to leave packages at the recipient address. Dear Coco Chocolate is NOT responsible for packages stolen or damaged after they are delivered to the address specified by the customer.
- While we realize that you may wish to send a gift as a surprise, we recommend you notify the recipient of the shipment prior to arrival in order to prevent delays or the chocolates exposed to the elements for excessive periods of time.
- Whenever possible we recommend shipping to a business address where someone will be present to accept the delivery. In addition, FedEx often delivers earlier in the day to business addresses, which can minimize transit time and exposure.
- Please double check the shipping (ship to) address before submitting your order. When shipping to an office or apartment building you MUST include a suite number, floor number or apartment number as appropriate. Dear Coco Chocolate is NOT responsible for orders delayed or returned due to insufficient, incorrect or undeliverable addresses provided by the customer. If a returned package needs to be reshipped, additional shipping charges will apply.
- Dear Coco Chocolate is not responsible for and is not able to offer refunds on delivery delays due to weather, mechanical failures, strike or any other cause beyond the shipping carrier’s control. A delivery attempt will be made at the earliest time that conditions permit.
- $10 Flat Rate Standard (Ground) Shipping is available on orders $35 and over, per shipment in the continental U.S. You must choose the Flat Rate shipping option at checkout. Qualifying amount is calculated after all applicable discounts, and amounts paid for tax do not count. "Per shipment" refers to an individual package sent to an individual shipping address. To redeem this special rate, you must have at least $35 of merchandise after eligible discounts in your shopping cart and the option will automatically appear. Additional fees apply for 2nd Day Air, Next Day and any other shipping methods other than Ground. Not valid on Chocolate Club memberships, previous purchases or wholesale orders and cannot be combined with other shipping-related promotions or offers.
- During warmer months or whenever the destination temperature is over 75 degrees F, we HIGHLY recommend that you select either 2nd Day or Next Day shipping options if your shipping destination is outside the 2 day Standard shipping zones. If you choose not to ship via the recommended method, Dear Coco Chocolate cannot guarantee the quality of your shipment upon arrival. Please refer to the shipping map below to locate your shipping zone.
- If your order totals less than $35, your shipping rates will be calculated per package, per address.
- Shipping costs are based on regular FedEx rates and may vary based upon destination and season. The actual shipping cost of your order will be calculated by FedEx at checkout time based upon the total weight of your order and shipping location unless you choose the Flat Rate option described above.
- For all Express shipment orders, delivery is the number of business days listed from the shipment date (not the order date); e.g., an order for 2nd Day delivery placed on a Thursday will be shipped the following Monday and will arrive two business days later on Wednesday.
Please refer to the map below for estimated time in transit for Standard Ground shipping from our facility in the Washington, D.C. area. Note that the yellow and blue areas will arrive in 1-2 business days using Standard Ground shipping.
Warm Weather Shipping
- Our chocolates are perishable and subject to melting; therefore we must take extra precautions when shipping between April 1 and October 31. During this time or as warm weather persists (when the shipping destination is over 75 degrees F), a $4.00 charge will automatically be added to your order for reusable chill packs and other insulating materials.
- During warmer months, we HIGHLY recommend that you select either 2nd Day or Next Day shipping options if your shipping destination is outside the 2 day Standard shipping zones. If you choose not to ship via the recommended method, Dear Coco Chocolate cannot guarantee the quality of your shipment upon arrival. Please refer to the shipping map above to locate your shipping zone.
- If your chocolates arrive looking slightly grey, don’t worry! Your chocolates are not moldy and they are perfectly safe to eat. Chocolate is highly temperature-sensitive and temperature fluctuations that may occur during transit can cause fat bloom, when cocoa butter rises to the surface of the chocolate. This is a cosmetic condition only and does not affect the quality or the flavor of the chocolate.